In your blog, answer the following questions about the Great Powers Simulation. Give a short introduction to the activity so that the readers of your blog have an idea about what the simulation was. When you finish, click the link below and read the article about WWI for class tomorrow.
- How did it feel to build your empire? How did the smaller countries feel about how it turned out? Which countries had the advantage at the beginning of the game? Why? How did your empire compare to the real one that your country actually gained?
- In the long run, what was more important to buy, armies, navies, industry or colonies? Why?
- What did you do well? What do you wish you would have done differently?
- How successful were your alliances? Did they help you or hurt you? Could they be trusted? Why or why not?
- What motivated you to go to war?
- How much did you consider the men you sent into war?
- Based on the game, what causes conflict?