Start class today with a quick reflection of your approach to the POP research paper thus far. We have talked extensively of the importance of strong learning habits in research during this unit. Use this form to capture how this has gone.
Revision and editing are two different parts of the writing process. While some editing with inevitably occur during revision, it should not be the focus of this stage. Today you will start by reading your paper aloud, to yourself, to hear the places that need work. Next, you will trade papers with a writing partner and repeat the process with her paper.
Mini-Lesson: Authors Craft in non-fiction
The craft moves you make in other genres of writing can apply here.
- Figurative language to help bring a detail or example to life.
- Pacing to reveal details deliberately.
- Foreshadowing – you can hint at what will occur in a later section of your paper.
- Shift your tone to add seriousness or levity.
- Build upon your evidence to reveal your purpose.
Type the first section of your paper with color coding.